AW: Error with RAR-Files

greyhair greyhair at GREYHAIR.NET
Fri Aug 6 05:19:01 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Chris,

   Please forgive if I'm incorrect, but I think most us either the
Perl interface to clamav (Mail::Clamav???) or the command line
interface (clamscan) due to the fact that the daemon had a larger
overhead when scanning files.  I think this overhead was expressed
in both time per file and resources.

   Therefore my guess would be that the answer to your clamdscan
question would be no.

   Is there a reason you would not like to use the Perl or command
line wrapper?  clam works perfectly when installing using defaults
and only a couple of file edits if you want to install clam in an
alternate location.

greyhair.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
</x-flowed>