SpamAssassin not working with MailScanner

David Loszewski lists at BSDADMINS.NET
Thu Aug 5 03:49:24 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
I installed MailScanner 4.31.6 along with SpamAssassin 3.0.0 according
to the directions provided both in the install documents and on the
MailScanner site.  MailScanner seems to be loading up however it doesn't
seem to be scanning the messages or perhaps just not scanning them with
SpamAssassin.  This is what it shows in the logs when starting up:
Aug  3 23:26:53 outpost MailScanner[484]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus
Scanner version 4.31.6 starting...
Aug  3 23:26:56 outpost MailScanner[484]: Enabling SpamAssassin
auto-whitelist functionality...
Aug  3 23:27:01 outpost MailScanner[484]: Using locktype = flock
Aug  3 23:27:03 outpost MailScanner[527]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus
Scanner version 4.31.6 starting...
Aug  3 23:27:05 outpost MailScanner[527]: Enabling SpamAssassin
auto-whitelist functionality...
Aug  3 23:27:08 outpost MailScanner[527]: Using locktype = flock
Aug  3 23:27:13 outpost MailScanner[528]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus
Scanner version 4.31.6 starting...
Aug  3 23:27:15 outpost MailScanner[528]: Enabling SpamAssassin
auto-whitelist functionality...
MailScanner[528]: Using locktype = flock
MailScanner[529]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner version 4.31.6
starting...
MailScanner[529]: Enabling SpamAssassin auto-whitelist functionality...
MailScanner[529]: Using locktype = flock
MailScanner[530]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner version 4.31.6
starting...
MailScanner[530]: Enabling SpamAssassin auto-whitelist functionality...
MailScanner[530]: Using locktype = flock

I did all the recommended testing with SpamAssassin and they seemed to
have worked fine, I also changed the 'Use SpamAssassin = NO" to YES in
the mailscanner.conf file.  I've been working on this problem for the
past few nights now and haven't seemed to have gotten any further.  Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I also obvioulsy read all the
faqs that I could and searched the mailing list for previous posts
relating to this topic without much luck.

thx,
Dave

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
</x-flowed>