Clearing the SA bayes db

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Wed Aug 4 11:38:03 IST 2004

MailScanner mailing list wrote:
> I notice the sa-learn program in the unreleased SpamAssassin
> 3.0.0 has a --clear option to clear the bayes db.
>
> However, I'm on the released SpamAssassin 2.63 and sa-learn
> doesn't have the --clear option.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to delete the bayes db so I can start
> again from scratch and, also, what the default location and
> name of the bayes db is (I'm running RH9)?
The "default" will depend on which user you installed it as. Normally this
would be root, so you'd find Bayes installed in:
/root/.spamassassin

You can change this via the MailScanner config. If you are running a busy
server it would be strongly recommended

Full documentation on Bayes is at:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/BayesFaq

Mr Michele Neylon