starting errors on suse with latest Version

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Mon Aug 2 13:24:51 IST 2004

I am working on two SuSE installs on SuSE 8.1 (sendmail) and 9+ (Postfix)and
there were four problems that I remember encountering with the MailScanner
init script.

1. The script was installed in /etc/init.d/init.d/MailScanner. I had to move
it to /etc/init.d and remove the then empty directory /etc/init.d/init.d/

2. There were permission problems with the sendmail.pid files. I think
simply removing the existing pid files solved the problem.

3. SuSU uses different function names for the Red Hat "success" function. In
SuSE it's "log_success_msg".

4. The ". /etc/sysconfig/network/" call doesn't work. On SuSE this is a
directory.

I was waiting until Julian returned from his jaunt until I reported there
problems. Guess now is the time.

Attached are the very quick hacks I made to the MailScanner init script just
to get it running. When I have some time I'll try to make it a bit more
universal and elegant. If anyone has already made these corrections, please
let us know.

Thanks,

Steve
Stephen Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.
Steve.Swaney at FSL.com

believed to be clean.

Fortress Systems Ltd.
www.fsl.com

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk

    [ Part 2, Application/OCTET-STREAM (Name: "MailScanner.init.SuSE")  ]
    [ 12KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]