ANNOUNCE: MailScanner stable 4.32.5 released
mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Aug 1 18:06:38 IST 2004
Afternoon all! (Or is it morning or evening right now? Who knows?)
I have just released the latest stable version of MailScanner, 4.32.5.
The major changes for this release are
- Can now run in foreground to help people using daemon monitoring systems.
- Upgrade to latest version of Archive::Zip which fixes some problems with
corrupt zip files.
- The Spam Score number can now be formatted using printf() formatting
- Added command-line check to make MailScanner print all its module version
numbers, this should be used in all problem reports to the
MailScanner at jiscmail.ac.uk mailing list. Run it as
The full ChangeLog is at the bottom of this message.
Please download it, as usual, from www.mailscanner.info.
Any problems, please shout loud and soon :-)
* New Features and Improvements *
- Per-domain white and blacklisting now supports IP address checks.
- Disarmed web bugs now tell you where they came from.
- New "Run In Foreground" option which will be useful if you are trying to
use another tool to monitor MailScanner's health and restart it auto-
matically if it dies for some reason.
- New "--perl=" switch for install.sh on non-RPM systems.
- Added extra strings to languages.conf to support new feature of reporting
the fault with a message in the subject line of the postmaster report.
- CheckModuleVersion now supports the "-v" command-line option, to make its
output more verbose.
- Upgraded Archive::Zip to 1.12.
- Added *.job to the list of banned filenames.
- New "Spam Score Number Format" option to allow numeric formatting of the
number that is substituted for _SCORE_ in the spam score outputting.
- Added "--version" (or "-v" or anything that looks roughly like "-v").
This will make MailScanner print the version number of all the modules
that MailScanner uses, along with its own version number.
- Improved MailScanner.conf settings to explicitly say that "Virus Scanners"
cannot be a ruleset.
- Improvement to installer for non-RPM systems to catch broken MakeMaker on
some Solaris systems.
- Updated OpenBSD manual installation instructions.
- Added $MailScanner::Config::ConfFile so that Custom Functions can find the
configuration directory easily.
- Updated Spanish translations.
* Fixes *
- Postfix file corruption problem remaining on a few systems, now fixed.
It was a Perl bug.
- tar distribution check_mailscanner.cron file now calls check_mailscanner
and not check_MailScanner.
- Comments output in upgrade_MailScanner_conf made more consistent.
- Moved "Spam List" so it matches the first rule, not all rules. This enables
you to apply rules for entire domains and exceptions for certain addresses
within those domains.
- Improved zip of death detection.
- Changed web bug disarming so alt text is only provided if there is a 'src'.
- Fixed bug where autolearn status was reported incorrectly with
- Fixed bug causing symptom of missing identically-named nested zip files.
- Fixed bug in ZMailer.pm from Mariano.
- Fixed bug involving '+' characters in address patterns in config compiler.
Professional Support Services at www.MailScanner.biz
MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
-------------------------- MailScanner list ----------------------
To leave, send leave mailscanner to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
Before posting, please see the Most Asked Questions at
http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/ and the archives at
More information about the MailScanner