Quarantined attachments

InvictaWiz Customer Support martyn at INVICTAWIZ.COM
Fri Apr 30 23:24:34 IST 2004

Hi

I wrote a script to deliver quarantined attachments.
Easy I thought.....

MS re-stripped the attachment - Bother!

I whitelisted my From: address - quarantine at blahblah - Surely that will fix it...
No!
What seems to happen is that MS doesn't strip the attachment on the way in because
quarantine at blahblah is whitelisted. However, what seems to happen is the message gets re-scanned on
it's way to the destination address - also on this server of course. MS then thinks "Ah Ha, I must
strip this dodgi attachment"

Have I made a fundamental mistake?
How do others deliver dodgi attachments out of quarantine?

Martyn Routley

dangerous content by the http://www.anti84787.com

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk