tao Linux

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Fri Apr 30 13:52:23 IST 2004

Michele,

I just finished a MailScanner, SpamAssassin and MailWatch install on a Tao
Linux server. The yum updater made it dead easy to install missing required
pieces of the operating system.

You might also look at http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/. I've heard reports
that this site and list are more responsive. Also appear to have mirrors
closer to you. They don't have a network install available but once you have
the images - who cares.

One nice feature of both distros is that they include MySQL which is missing
from the RH 3.0 release.

> I spoke to one of the local mirror providers about setting up a mirror for
> TAO, but they need an rsync target.
> Has anyone got any information on this?

You might try to see if and rsync server is listening on port 873 on their
download server. It's possible that the have one running without a password
:).

> I already tried on the Tao list, but my query was completely ignored

I've heard rumors that the site in not very responsive.

> Michele
>
> Mr Michele Neylon
> Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
> http://www.blacknight.ie/