ClamAV.pm won't "make"

Thad A. Thompson thad at THADCO.COM
Fri Apr 30 04:59:58 IST 2004

Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestion. It led me to do a little checking and to find
that I already had the proper lib installed:

[root at krell thad]# rpm -q bzip2-libs-1.0.2-10
bzip2-libs-1.0.2-10
[root at krell thad]# rpm -q bzip2
bzip2-1.0.2-10

I even did a package refresh and an ldconfig just to make sure, but still no
go on install Mail::ClamAV.pm. So as a work-around, I went to the Make
directory:

/root/.cpan/build/Mail-ClamAV-0.08/_Inline/build/Mail/ClamAV

And edited the Makefile by removing all the references to -lbz2.

This allowed me to Make and Install from within the directory. Not really
sure if that was the right thing to do or not, but I got no errors. That was
basically the last step before actually trying MailScanner, so I gave it a
go.

Unfortunately, I could neither send nor receive mail after that. MailScanner
did fire up without any errors, but nothing would go in or out. At this
point I have temporarily given up and gone back to plain sendmail. I will
have to go with the milter daemon of clam unless someone has a further
suggestion.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html