Outlook sucks!

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Thu Apr 29 22:22:18 IST 2004

Yes,

I know the subject is no news to anyone... but, as a dual-mailer-user
(Pegasus & Outlook 2000) I just discovered something I don't know how to
solve, and I fear O2K users will come screaming if I enable 'attachment
deliver' to them...

I have to use O2K 'cause I have to access lots of large shared folders in a
MS-Exchange 5.5 server.

If I open them using Pegasus' IMAP client, it takes ages to load, so I use
outlook and I can navigate them just fine.

Every now and then I saw that the messages that MailScanner identified as
spam (with 'attachment deliver' enabled, and using the $spamreport variable
in the report), sometimes got all wrong, as if there wasn't newlines within
the report.

As I _never_ saw a report like that in Pegasus, I thought it might be an
Exchange problem (Exchange really tries to mangle your messages).

But I just discovered the problem was Outlook 2000 (I'm using version
9.0.0.6627).

It seems that no matter what the message MIME headers say, if, within a
'multipart/report' it finds a _SINGLE_ html tag it knows within a text part,
it just interprets ALL THE PART AS HTML!!!!!!!!!!!! Even when this particular
part says it's 'text/plain'!!!!

Does anyone know if there's a setting in Outlook2K to stop doing it????

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html