FreeBSD, MailScanner and Diskspace

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Thu Apr 29 03:35:27 IST 2004

Hi there, as this is my furst BSD experience, and i am still a bit of a
*nix newbie, i have discovered that i havent set up my bsd/ms server
correctly.

MaiScanner is configured as per the docs so that its quarantine dir is
at /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine

But since i used the auto disk partition set up, /usr has 28GB and /var
has 256mb allocated - which is not all that usefull on this mailgateway.

Would it be unwise, break anything, cause instability etc if i changed
the quarantine to a symlink to a dir on /usr ? The machine is remotely
hosted now so changes partition sizes isnt on, and moving the dir
altogether seems like a customization that may cause me trouble in the
future?

Should i use a symlink or just move the dir to another partition? Love
to hear any other suggestions, would it be safe to ask a colleague who
is fairly linux capable to use a Knoppix cd and qparted to mod the
sizes, or do you think this is getting a bit risky?

thanks for any input. (yes in feel silly for not having thought of this
when i building it)

Pete

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html