How can I allow one user to recieve exe attachments?

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Wed Apr 28 21:23:08 IST 2004

George Edwards wrote:
> I need to allow one user to recieve exe attachments.  I found the
> following in the archives but I am either just not reading it right or
> something is missing here.  Can someone tell me another way to do this
> or explain this better.  Thanks, George
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind0307&L=mailscanner&P=R12781&I=-1

That thread is about something a little more complicated than necessary.
You just need to make copies of filename.rules.conf and
filetype.rules.conf, edit them to allow exe files and finally use a
ruleset for these two:

Filename Rules = %rules-dir%/filename.rules
Filetype Rules = %rules-dir%/filetype.rules

The one for file names would look like this:

To: user at yourdomain.com %etc-dir%/filename.rules.allowexe.conf
FromOrTo: default %etc-dir%/filename.rules.conf

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.29.7,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.39, ClamAV 0.70 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.3

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html