High Load

Ken Anderson (Pacific Internet) ka at PACIFIC.NET
Wed Apr 28 18:50:17 IST 2004

Peter Bonivart wrote:

> Ken Anderson (Pacific Internet) wrote:
>
>> Alternately, I wonder if MailScanner could do a preliminary check on a
>> good rbl or two and bypass SA and take action (quarantine,notify) if the
>> message is found in the rbl? A sort of 'MailScanner-Lite' ?
>

> Is this something like that?
>
> # If the message sender is on any of the Spam Lists, do you still want
> # to do the SpamAssassin checks? Setting this to "no" will reduce the load
> # on your server, but will stop the High Scoring Spam Actions from ever
> # happening.
> # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
> Check SpamAssassin If On Spam List = yes

I'd looked at this before and thought... why would I want to "keep the
high scoring spam action from ever happening?"

I hadn't considered that if I set the "Spam Lists To Reach High Score"
to a low value and use a reliable rbl, I'd still get the high score
action and could skip SA checks on a lot of mail. Is my understanding of
this correct, or does setting "Check SpamAssassin If On Spam List = no"
mean you _really can't_ have the high score action?

Thanks,
Ken A.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk