MRTG graphs resetting at 4am

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Wed Apr 28 18:17:41 IST 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 17:44, Chris W. Parker wrote:
> hi.
>
> starting a few weeks ago some of my MRTG graphs* are restting every day
> at 4am. that is to say they look similar to this:

(I'm assuming your talking MailScanner-MRTG, becuase of the graph names
you use)

This happens if you are running a very old version of MailScanner-MRTG
(0.05 and below I think) whenever your logs roll over.  More recent
versions hold state between runs and only read the new portions of logs
so this is no longer an issue.  You really a should upgrade.

[If you are running a recent version then you are probably having a
permissions problem stopping state.info from being written].

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html