File blocked but virus not detected

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Wed Apr 28 10:54:25 IST 2004

On Wednesday, April 28, 2004 11:34 AM Ugo Bellavance
<mailto:ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM> wrote:

> Do you have a symlink in your path to your virus-scanner?

Nope. As I just found out it was a VERY new virus and the signatures
were updated last hour. The virus could not be spotted at delivery time
but can be now... I just read NetSky.A (missing the B) and was confused
since I then figured that NetSky.A should be detected of course... :-)

>> a feature but still.... If something contains a virus the
>> report/flags etc. should say virus after all and not only spam.
>
> http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/#highsconotscanned

Rats. I had a look at the quarantine and was sure this was "fixed" since
I see a lot of Spam AND Virus entries. Talking a closer look all of them
were Spam and not High-Scoring Spam. Suddenly all makes sense. Julian:
Forget my mail. Ugo: Thanks for the reminder.

Regards,
  JP

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html