different character sets

Shoval Tomer shoval at SOFTOV.CO.IL
Tue Apr 27 21:39:03 IST 2004

Hi.

I'm not sure this is mailscanner related, as it could be sendmail or the
OS in some way.

Emails sent through MS that are HTML email's with a charset different
then the default English one,
Appear in outlook as if they're "Western European - ISO" encoded.

If I open the message and change the encoding everything works fine.
If I send the message through a different linux machine (running only
sendmail, with no MS) it's also fine.

Is mailscanner, in some way, changing, or setting, the default charset
for the message?

If you've come across this, and solved it in sendmail, or in the OS and
not in mailscanner, please reply to me directly at my email address.

This sole problem, is the ONLY reason I haven't deployed MS organization
wide yet, so I really need to solve this.

Thanks a million.

Shoval

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html