High Load

Tue Apr 27 16:05:58 IST 2004

Hi!

> >BigEvil is available as SURBL, this doesnt consume much and is just
> >another DNS lookup.... Might be the solution for you to keep using it.

> I've just looked into it and was wondering if the following installation
> would be OK:
> 1- download and install Mail-SpamAssassin-SpamCopURI-0.14
> 2- copy rules/spamcop_uri.cf /etc/mail/spamassassin/
> 3- edit /etc/mail/spamassassin/spamcop_uri.cf to comment out
> SPAMCOP_URI_RBL (if I don't want to use SpamCop) and to add BE_URI_RBL
> and WS_URI_RBL
> 4- remove /etc/mail/spamassassin/bigevil.cf

> Anything else to do?

Reload MailScanner :)

Here's a somehow extended .cf to also enable the other SURBL lookups:

[raymond at vmx01 spamassassin]$ more spamcop_uri.cf

uri       SPAMCOP_URI_RBL
eval:check_spamcop_uri_rbl('sc.surbl.org','127.0.0.2')
describe  SPAMCOP_URI_RBL  URI's domain appears in spamcop database at
sc.surbl.org
tflags    SPAMCOP_URI_RBL  net

uri       WS_URI_RBL
eval:check_spamcop_uri_rbl('ws.surbl.org','127.0.0.2')
describe  WS_URI_RBL  URI's domain appears in spamcop database at
ws.surbl.org
tflags    WS_URI_RBL  net

uri       BIGEVIL_URI_RBL
eval:check_spamcop_uri_rbl('be.surbl.org','127.0.0.2')
describe  BIGEVIL_URI_RBL  URI's domain appears in spamcop database at
be.surbl.org
tflags    BIGEVIL_URI_RBL  net

score   WS_URI_RBL  3.5
score   SPAMCOP_URI_RBL  3.5
score   BIGEVIL_URI_RBL  3.5

Bye,
Raymond.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html