High Load

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Tue Apr 27 14:18:39 IST 2004

Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:

>Hi!
>

>>excellent pointer!  I *did* have bigevil.cf loaded.  After rm'ing it and
>>reloading MS, my load is down below 1.00 again.  I'll be keeping an eye on
>>it today.  Thanks a LOT!  I woke up to an unresponsive server this morning
>>:/
>>

>>>Have you got the bigevil.cf loaded in SA? I found this a major hog..
>>>

>BigEvil is available as SURBL, this doesnt consume much and is just
>another DNS lookup.... Might be the solution for you to keep using it.

I've just looked into it and was wondering if the following installation
would be OK:
1- download and install Mail-SpamAssassin-SpamCopURI-0.14
2- copy rules/spamcop_uri.cf /etc/mail/spamassassin/
3- edit /etc/mail/spamassassin/spamcop_uri.cf to comment out
SPAMCOP_URI_RBL (if I don't want to use SpamCop) and to add BE_URI_RBL
and WS_URI_RBL
4- remove /etc/mail/spamassassin/bigevil.cf

Anything else to do?

Thanks!

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html