Spam List - DNS querys

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Tue Apr 27 13:54:22 IST 2004

Moacyr Leite da Silva said:
> Hi there,
>
> I was make some tunning on server and saw that have a huge of dns querys
> for spam blacklists like sorbs spamhaus rfc-ignorant blitzed spamcop.net
> But I have enable spam blacklists only for ORDB-RBL and SBL+XBL
>
> Why these dns querys are being issued?!
>
> Thanks
> Moacyr Leite da Silva
> www.akadnyx.com.br
>

> RH 9.0
> MailScanner-4.29.7-1
> clamavmodule
> SpamAssassin 2.63
>

> MailScanner.conf
> # This is the list of spam blacklists (RBLs) which you are using.
> # See the "Spam List Definitions" file for more information about what
> # you can put here.
> # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
> Spam List = ORDB-RBL SBL+XBL # MAPS-RBL+ costs money (except .ac.uk)
>
> spam.lists.conf is default from ./install.sh

This is for MailScanner only. The queries are being made by SpamAssassin.
You need to decide which of the two you want to do the RBL query.
MailScanner only looks up the last hop and will mark mail accordingly.
SpamAssassin looks up all hops and will add to the spam score (Which is
useful if you want to use the more agressive lists)

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html