Logs vs. headers

David Lee t.d.lee at DURHAM.AC.UK
Mon Apr 26 15:45:06 IST 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Denis Beauchemin wrote:

> Kevin Brouelette wrote:
>
> >X-VarLog.net-MailScanner-Information:  Please contact the ISP for more information
> >X-VarLog.net-MailScanner-SpamCheck:  spam, SpamAssassin (score=3.43,
> >required 2.5, BIZ_TLD 0.78, RCVD_IN_DYNABLOCK 2.55, RCVD_IN_SORBS 0.10)
> >X-VarLog.net-MailScanner-SpamScore:  sss
> >

> Kevin,
>
> You seem to have a dot in your org name (VarLog.net).  This is a bad
> idea because it will get you into trouble on some systems.

This configuration problem seems to crop up several times on the list.

Could I suggest that MailScanner itself does a sanity check?  When it
loads "MailScanner.conf" it could check that these various header
definitions (e.g. "Information Header" etc.) to ensure that there are no
glaring errors.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html