Logs vs. headers

Kevin Brouelette kevin1a at VARLOG.NET
Sun Apr 25 05:43:33 IST 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-24 at 21:32, Kevin Brouelette wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-04-24 at 18:36, Peter Bonivart wrote:
> > Kevin Brouelette wrote:
> > > SpamAssassin (score=15.4, required 2.5
> > >
> > > But in the email headers of that spam I see:
> > > ... hits=15.4 required=5.0 ...
> > >
> > > 5.0 not 2.5??
> > > Does it hide my server settings to the mail acct user or
> > > Am I misconfigured somewhere??
> >
> > Could you post the complete log line and complete header line(s)? Looks
> > like you're running SA a second time, I don't recognize "hits", it
> > should say "score" in the header.
> >
> > --
> > /Peter Bonivart
> >
> > --Unix lovers do it in the Sun
> >
> > Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.29.7,
> > SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.39, ClamAV 0.70 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.3
>

> Hello
>
> Well, you helped me by suggesting SA was running a second time.
> I had installed Pyzor and Razor to test them and I just
> removed the executable bits 'chmod a-x' on those program
> executables and now it's working fine.  I'm not sure
> why that happened but it's running fine now.
>
> Thanks Peter
>
> Kevin B

Hmmm,

Maybe not fixed yet. My reply was tagged as spam going out of my
server and I see two spamassassin checks in the headers:

X-VarLog.net-MailScanner-Information:  Please contact the ISP for more
information
X-VarLog.net-MailScanner-SpamCheck:  spam, SpamAssassin (score=3.43,
required 2.5, BIZ_TLD 0.78, RCVD_IN_DYNABLOCK 2.55, RCVD_IN_SORBS 0.10)
X-VarLog.net-MailScanner-SpamScore:  sss
tests=BIZ_TLD,RCVD_IN_DYNABLOCK, RCVD_IN_SORBS autolearn=no version=2.63

Any ideas??

Thanks
Kevin

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html