Max Children Issue and SA timeouts

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Fri Apr 23 20:21:50 IST 2004

Jason Burzenski wrote:
> Looks like my toks are getting pretty big on box2.  Could this be party
> of the problem?

They will get even bigger if the expire mechanism doesn't work. SA is
real bad at doing this itself.

Read this for reference:

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/303.html

The upgrade is no biggie. You just run "sa-learn --import" to do the
upgrade of the database. It's well described in the INSTALL/README files
of SA. Before I started expiring the databases myself SA got them
corrupted several times. Losing the Bayes scores was bad but the
training is quick and I think long learning periods are a little
overrated so you don't risk that much. But it's your call of course.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.29.7,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.39, ClamAV 0.70 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.3

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html