Major Load please help

William Burns William.Burns at AEROFLEX.COM
Fri Apr 23 17:54:01 IST 2004

Rob:

If you're still getting clobbered, I'd suggest dropping your mx children
down to something like 2, just as an experiment. Your load *should*
decrease considerably.

I'll check into the caching DNS on Solaris. It should be the same as on
RedHat, it's just that there are some default caching config files that
you can install on RedHat so most RedHat people never had to look at them.
While you're waiting for that..
Run nslookup. Do a few queries on names that you know are real. See what
your response time is like.

-Bill

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html