options for virii scan

Jason Balicki kodak at FRONTIERHOMEMORTGAGE.COM
Fri Apr 23 17:03:04 IST 2004

>Is it possible to exclude some domains from being scan with a
>commercial
>package? To clarify if a person/company has three domains
>students.abc.edu 500 accts.
>Alumni.abc.edu 4000 accts. (use only ClamAv)
>Staff.abc.edu 200 accts.

You can probably do this with a ruleset.  See below.

>Does anyone know of an anti-virus package that can scan unlimited email
>addresses without breaking the budget? I know about ClamAv --
>just looking
>for others.

ClamAV is the only free one available ATM, but IMO it's one
of the better ones.

Since you're doing this for an educational institution you
can probably get some sweet discounts if you pull the right
strings.  I know Sophos does edu discounts, but you may want
to check others.

Now, about that ruleset, see the first link in the sig
that the list now appends to every message:

>Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives

HTH,

--J(K)

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html