SA timeout tracking..

Fri Apr 23 12:07:20 IST 2004

I hate replying to my own emails, but this might be useful for anyone in
the future...

I tracked down the culprit, more luck than judgement....

the bigevil.cf from the ruleemporian seems to be the trouble - i guess
my machine is too slow. Anyway I've replaced it with the surb.org
verision (via the plugin for SA 2.63) and I've no timeouts since doing
this..

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Martin Hepworth wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I'm see a few random SA timeouts. I've reduced the number of RBL's which
> 'seems' to help (ie the number of timeouts has gone down), but is there
> any way  I track where the timeout is occuring without resorting to
> debug's on MailScanner.conf and hoping I hit one?
>

> --
> Martin Hepworth
> Snr Systems Administrator
> Solid State Logic
> Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300

> the system manager.
>
> This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept
> for the presence of computer viruses and is believed to be clean.

the system manager.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html