Header_check

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Fri Apr 23 11:27:13 IST 2004

Pete said:
??by mail01.domain1.com.au (Postfix) with ESMTP id 454581E03??

>>>From this the bit in the ?? is what is matching your regexp. MailWatch
>>obviously forwards using smtp so you have 2 options.
>>

> I am not sure what you mean by the above? what does the ?? represent?
> Can i fix this by changing something else, or only the regexp so i only
> have to match a small part of the header to not HOLD the message?

It's the bit I have left. That's Postfix's header check working, so it's
matching your server's Received: header (including the (Postfix) bit). The
reason why postmaster and local messages are not caught and scanned by
MailScanner (In your instance) is that Postfix adds '(Postfix, user id *)'
to the received header in stead of (Postfix) and therefore this extra
string fails the regexp test and is not held. Postfix indicates why it's
held a message by wrapping the match in ??. Therefore the only way to
release mail and prevent it being re scanned is to use direct queue
submission or whitelist it. You shuld be able to retain your whitelist
files over upgrades, particularly if you change your path to the rule set
directory in MailScanner.conf.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html