Blocked Content whitelist

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Wed Apr 21 23:30:50 IST 2004

Dan Spray wrote:
> Where would I reference the ruleset?  I looked through the MailScanner.conf
> file for such a thing and didn't find it.  Also, do you have an example line
> for this?

I need to know why it was blocked, there's several possibilities, like
IFrame and Scripts and so on. Look at the postmaster message or in the
server logs to find out.

Let's assume it's blocked because it contains IFrames. Then you have an
option in MailScanner.conf called "Allow IFrame Tags". It can be set to
yes, no and disarm. It's probably set to no now and blocks all messages
containing IFrames. If you set it to yes all IFrame messages will go
through and that may not be what you want. Therefore you need a ruleset:

MailScanner.conf:
Allow IFrame Tags = %rules-dir%/iframe.rules

iframe.rules:
To:             user at yourdomain.com             yes
FromOrTo:       default                 no

That's how you do it. But if you use disarm you might not need to
"whitelist" this guy since all IFrames goes through but they don't work
anymore. I use that for some content since I don't want to maintain
rulesets for complaining users.

All the content block stuff is in the same section as IFrames in
MailScanner.conf.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.29.7,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.39, ClamAV 0.70 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.3