RulesDuJour

Wed Apr 21 11:41:06 IST 2004

Hi!

> >Tripwire i dont know where it moved, but the changed bigevil list you can
> >find on the above URL.
> >
> >Btw, BigEvil is now also available as RBL, see http://www.surbl.org

> RBL - thats interesting - but surely it would be more efficient to
> download and use the extra rule, providing you have the hardware
> resources to cope with any extra load a lot of custom rules bring?

Our experience is that providing and using it as RBL will free up RAM and
resources on your scanning box. I assume you allready use other RBLs also?
It will also allow faster updates, the DNS is updated more often, most
people just rsync or wget the rules files once a day. For example the SC
list is updated every 10 minutes.

Bye,
Raymond.