Relaying denied error

William Burns William.Burns at AEROFLEX.COM
Tue Apr 20 02:18:44 IST 2004

JD:

Not enough info...
Are you running sendmail? What's your MTA?
Should I assume that you're setting up a mail server to serve the domain
cwnet.com?

Anyway...
This is how I would configure a sendmail machine to serve local
mailboxes for aeroflex.com, and allow out-bound relaying to users on my
local 192.168.1 network.

I don't use a "relay" file in sendmail. I use the "access.db" file.
My "access" file contains something like this:
Connect: 192.168.1           RELAY
To:aeroflex.com           OK

Then, I create the access.db file ("make access.db")
Also, the domains for which I deliver to local mailboxes get listed in
"/etc/sendmail.cw"

That's how it works on a RedHat system, anyway.

Good luck.

-Bill