virus scanning with virus delivery

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Tue Apr 20 13:56:47 IST 2004

Hi Mike,

no... this wouldn't... 'Still Deliver Silent Viruses' delivers the _cleaned_
message... what I want is to deliver the _infected_ messages.

See the comment in MailScanner.conf:

# Still deliver (after cleaning) messages that contained viruses listed
#               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
# in the above option ("Silent Viruses") to the recipient?
# Setting this to "yes" is good when you are testing everything, and
# because it shows management that MailScanner is protecting them,
# but it is bad because they have to filter/delete all the incoming virus
# warnings.
#
# Note: Once you have deployed this into "production" use, you should set
# Note: this option to "no" so you don't bombard thousands of people with
# Note: useless messages they don't want!
#
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Still Deliver Silent Viruses = yes

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby