Determing memory usage

Robert Mena rt_mena at YAHOO.COM
Mon Apr 19 19:45:12 IST 2004

Hi,

I currntly run exim+rav and I am switching to
ms+ss+clamav.

I've been reading the faq and this list in order to
determine if I need to upgrade the memory of my
server.

It currently has values like this (from free)

             total       used       free     shared
buffers     cached
Mem:       1031280    1019252      12028          0
 164744      76880
-/+ buffers/cache:     777628     253652

Seems that I have around 700Mb of buffers.  In the faq
each mailscanner process takes 20 Mb so I could put 10
instances without much overhead, right ?

-rt