MailScanner Logging Question

Kyle Harris lists at TRCINTL.COM
Mon Apr 19 15:50:39 IST 2004

I have noticed that MailScanner logs the following entries in the log
file:

New Batch: Scanning/Forwarding 'X' messages
New Batch: Found 'X'

I am attempting to get the total number of messages that MailScanner
processed from the log file.  My questions are:

1. Will each message only be counted once in the line above of
  "New Batch:  Found 'X' messages", or is it possible that it could
  find the same message in two different batches (which would throw
  off my count)?
2. After it finds the messages, is it the same message that it is
  referring to when it says "Scanning 'X' messages"?

If it is possible that it could count the same message more than once
in the above questions, is it even possible to get an accurate message
count from the log file?

Thanks in advance.

Kyle H.