Getting messages that are not spam as spam and the opposite !!!

Idan Plotnik idan at SECURENET.CO.IL
Mon Apr 19 09:41:24 IST 2004

Hi all,

I am using sendmail-8.12.8-4 + mailscanner-4.25-14 +
spamassassin-2.44-11.8.x.

In the MailScanner.conf  I configure this:

#

# SpamAssassin

# ------------

#

# Do you want to find spam using the "SpamAssassin" package?

# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.

Use SpamAssassin = yes

# SpamAssassin is not very fast when scanning huge messages, so messages

# bigger than this value will be truncated to this length for
SpamAssassin

# testing. The original message will not be affected by this. This value

# is a good compromise as very few spam messages are bigger than this.

Max SpamAssassin Size = 90000

# This replaces the SpamAssassin configuration value 'required_hits'.

# If a message achieves a SpamAssassin score higher than this value,

# it is spam. See also the High SpamAssassin Score configuration option.

# This can also be the filename of a ruleset, so the SpamAssassin

# required_hits value can be set to different values for different
messages.

Required SpamAssassin Score = 5

# If a message achieves a SpamAssassin score higher than this value,

# then the "High Scoring Spam Actions" are used. You may want to use

# this to deliver moderate scores, while deleting very high scoring
messsages.

# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.

High SpamAssassin Score = 7

The problem is this:

I am getting spam mails as non spam mails and non spam mails as spam
mails.

This behavior occur not with every mail that he is spam ro not, its
happened without a logical explenation.

Another problem is that I am getting a spam messages form a fake email
address (known issue) in my domain, I mean that form example when I do
telnet in port 25 to my sendmail and tries to send spam inside the
organization the MailScanner don't recognized him has spam!!!

Can someone give me a solution for this situation ?

Thanx