AT&T blocking RBL lookups

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Sat Apr 17 23:48:24 IST 2004

Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:

>Hi!
>
>This might be interesting for people here also, especially AT&T customers.
>AT&T is blocking a couple of large RBLs on their forwarders currently.
>
>Pretty dumb if you ask me.
>
>"I finally talked to someone who knows what the problem is.  Your sbl
>sites have been blocked by the standard DNS forwarders supplied by ATT.
>This is due to the workload being generated on them from mailservers."
>
>They blocked Spamhaus and Spamcop for example.
>
> :( :(
>
>Bye,
>Raymond.

They have also been using the multi hop RBL's to block incoming SMTP
connections on their own mail relays :-( . Also pretty stupid as those
lists are way too aggressive to be used anywhere other than in a
SpamAssassin type points system.

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy