It looks like my mailscanner is only accepting mail for...

Harvey Artz harveya at AVERYHILLS.COM
Sat Apr 17 01:15:31 IST 2004

/etc/mail/access

# Check the /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf file for a description
# of the format of this file. (search for access_db in that file)
# The /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf is part of the sendmail-doc
# package.
#
# by default we allow relaying from localhost...
localhost.localdomain           RELAY
localhost                       RELAY
127.0.0.1                       RELAY
trinityomaha.com                RELAY
averyhills.com                  RELAY
kathye at averyhills.com           REJECT

Add the domains you want to filter spam for in here.

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of JD Doelitzsch
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 6:23 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: It looks like my mailscanner is only accepting mail for...

I looks like my mailscanner is only accepting mail locally (for the
linux computer).  I want it to accept any mail then scan and forward to
my real mail server (windows) but when I telnet and give it an address
that is not a user on a linux machine it will not accept it. For
instatnce I have root and JD as a user on my linux box, in which case it
accepts mail fine and dumps it in var/spool. but when I rcpt to:
anything other than a user found on the linux box it gives me an invalid
user. Which configuration am I missing in order to get it to accept mail
for my whole domain scan then send it over to my windows mailserver?

[root at localhost mail]# telnet 192.168.1.126 25
Trying 192.168.1.126...
Connected to 192.168.1.126.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 localhost.localdomain ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.5/8.12.5; Fri, 16 Apr 2004
16:03:07 -0700
helo bentecmed.com
250 localhost.localdomain Hello [192.168.1.126], pleased to meet you
mail from: me at you.com
250 2.1.0 me at you.com... Sender ok
rcpt to:it at bentecmed.com
550 5.1.1 it at bentecmed.com... User unknown
rcpt to: it at bentecmed.com
550 5.1.1 it at bentecmed.com... User unknown
rcpt to: bruce at bentecmed.com
550 5.1.1 bruce at bentecmed.com... User unknown
quit
221 2.0.0 localhost.localdomain closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.
[root at localhost mail]#

-JD