Okay here is where im at now...I need help getting mailscanner to push the mail to my windows box...

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Fri Apr 16 23:05:48 IST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 23:05, JD wrote:
> I can now telnet to my linux/mailscanner box with mailscanner running. I can
> send an email using telnet. In the mailertable I have bentecmed.com
> smtp:[192.168.1.4]
> which points it to my windows email server. the email I sent using telnet
> sits in a folder /var/spool/mail/jd when I send the email to
> jd at bentecmed.com. the only problem is it's not forwarding it to my windows
> email server. any ideas?

Sounds like your MS box thinks it is the mail server for bentecmed.com.
Make sure you have it set to RELAY for that domain in your
/etc/mail/access file (don't forget "makemap hash /etc/mail/access <
/etc/mail/access" if you make changes). You also need to make sure that
you haven't specified bentecmed.com as the name of the local machine [
ways you might have done this... ACCEPT lines in access file, adding
domain to local-host-names, or making the machines name bentecmed.com
(unlikely but I have seen people do it)]

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.