i can telnet to my sendmail

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Fri Apr 16 20:02:09 IST 2004

This site will show you how to test sendmail by telneting to port 25 on a
mailserver:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/modules.php?name=Recipes&rx_id=381

There is no need for a username and password. If you're asked for a username
and password you're reaching another port - probably 23, NOT port 25.

Steve

Stephen Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.