Hotmail Whitelisted {Scanned}

Mark Nienberg mark at TIPPINGMAR.COM
Fri Apr 16 18:25:58 IST 2004

On 16 Apr 2004 at 10:03, David Shaw wrote:

> This is Dale problem.... Not Speaking for Dale but I think the problem
> is, Why is MS marking emails from hotmail as whitelisted when
> hotmail.com is in the whitelist. The logs he posted show that
> hotmail.com is both whitelistes and blacklisted. hotmail is not in the
> blacklist as well. But he does forward spam to an account that is
> whitelisted?? Could account for the whitelist??? But that doesn't
> answer way it is marked as blacklisted.

Just a thought, remember that SpamAssassin has its own whitelisting system that is
separate from MailScanner's.  I think most of us turn it off (at least the
autowhitelisting feature) with the following in MailScanner.conf.

# Set this option to "yes" to enable the automatic whitelisting functions
# available within SpamAssassin. This will cause addresses from which you
# get real mail, to be marked so that it will never incorrectly spam-tag
# messages from those addresses.
SpamAssassin Auto Whitelist = no
--
Mark W. Nienberg, SE