MailScanner Internals

Clive Eisen clive at SERENDIPITA.COM
Fri Apr 16 14:03:48 IST 2004

Julian Field wrote:

> At 11:50 16/04/2004, you wrote:
>
>> Julian - sorry to ask you directly but I suspect only you will know the
>> answer :-)
>>
>> In what combination of circumstances is $message->{virusinfected} set?
>>
>> I have seen $message->{nameinfected} set and  $message->{othereinfected}
>> set, but never
>> $message->{virusinfected}
>>
>> I'm trying to write a custom function and am a bit puzzled.
>

> A quick grep of the code reveals that it is set in SweepViruses.pm when a
> virus report is merged into the list of all the reports for a batch.
> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info

Does that mean that it does not relate to an individual message?

I have sent viruses and tried to check their value, including, following
the recomendations in the other reply to this thread, in  Always Looked
Up Last and it's still not set

My point is - I cannot produce the circumstances when it is set or at
least, not during the processing of a given message at least.

Ho Hum and thanks for your swift help.

--
Clive