Pipe html stripped email thru spamc twice

Kevin Brouelette kevin1a at VARLOG.NET
Fri Apr 16 07:49:43 IST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 09:35, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 07:31:04AM -0700, Kevin Brouelette wrote:
> > > Why? Use additional rulesets. see spamassassin.org (yes there is a mailing list
> > > as well), rulesemporium.com, www.exit0.us.
> > > Kai
> > Hello
> > I asked here because mailscanner is the software that
> > controls sendmail, clamav and spamassassin on my setup.
> > I thought it would be something mailcanner would do
> > to send the mail thru spamc a second time after it does
> > striphtml.
> > I don't know much about spamassassin 'rulesets'
> > so thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
> > Kevin
>
> Kevin, note that MS doesn't use spamc/spamd at all. MS uses spamassassin
> as a perl library making spamassassin calls directly rather than through
> the combination of a spamc client and spamd daemon.
>
> -Eric Rz.

Hi
I was looking on spamassassin site tonight and found a contrib
ruleset called 'chickenpox' that is for spams of the type I would like
to filter.  I installed it and will have to see how it works on my
setup.
Thanks Eric for the clarification on spamc.

Kevin