Cpanel version of Mailscanner

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Fri Apr 16 01:44:54 IST 2004

I do. Just did some work on a C-panel system.

Kinda ugly but it works.

C-panel uses a custom rpm that installs what looks like a free BSF tree of
MailScanner in /usr/mailscanner. Note that it's a pretty old version of
MailScanner.

They don't call SpamAssassin from MailScanner but from a custom Exim
transport map. This is good - bad. It allows local users to customize their
preferences via a web interface.

You must be very careful not to change much. It's very easy to "break" a
C-panel system. After examining the system and how it works, I decided the
best thing to do was to maximize the Spam detection rate. I added Pyzor,
Razor, DCC and as many rules_du_jour as the system could safely run.

Spam detection tripled; the client and their clients were ecstatic and the
system still meets C-panel specs.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Stephen Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.
Steve.Swaney at FSL.com

> Mr. Michele Neylon
> Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
> http://www.blacknightsolutions.ie/
> http://www.search.ie/
> Tel. + 353 (0)59 9137101
> Hosting, co-location and domain registration
>

> --
> Email scanned by Blacknight for viruses and dangerous content.
> Visit http://www.blacknight.ie for more information

> believed to be clean.
>
> Fortress Systems Ltd.
> www.fsl.com