configuring sendmail

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Thu Apr 15 22:23:17 IST 2004

Stop MailScanner
        service MailScanner stop
configure sendmail so it works properly and test
        service sendmail start
Stop sendmail after testing
        service sendmail
Prevent sendmail from starting at boot
        chkconfig --del sendmail
Test with MailScanner
        service MailScanner start
Test with Mailscanner
        tail -f /var/log/maillog
When all is wee, start MailScanner at boot
        chkconfig --level 345 Mailscanner on

If sendmail is working properly MailScanner will "do the right thing"! there
should be no need to modify your sendmail configuration file. Starting and
stopping MailScanner will also start and stop the right instances of
sendmail.

Steve

Stephen Swaney
President