Orphans in mqueue.in

Michael Cloutier is at SAMARITANHEALTHCARE.COM
Thu Apr 15 20:32:14 IST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Swaney [mailto:steve.swaney at FSL.COM]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 10:14 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Orphans in mqueue.in

"Oprhaned" queue files can be caused a number of things, system crashes,
dropped connections after the start of data transmission - all of which
are sendmail and not MailScanner related.

A couple of scripts to remove them:

http://list.cobalt.com/pipermail/cobalt-developers/2003-March/038827.html
http://www.patoche.org/LTT/daemon/00000073.html

Steve

Stephen Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.
Steve.Swaney at FSL.com

> This is what I see in the log file:
> Apr 15 09:13:15 fire MailScanner[15555]: New Batch: Found 466 messages
> waiting Apr 15 09:13:15 fire MailScanner[15555]: New Batch: Scanning 1
> messages,
> 12056 bytes
>

> MS 4.29.7-1
> Sendmail 8.12.6
> Spamassassin 2.63
> ClamAV 0.70-rc
>
> Thank you,
> --
> Michael Cloutier
> Director of Information Systems
> Samaritan Healthcare

> Fortress Systems Ltd.
> www.fsl.com

I never had this problem before implementing Mailscanner. I am convinced
that it is related to Mailscanner. MS is in charge of handing these files
back to sendmail right? Before installing MS I would have a couple of
orphans a month. Now I have hundreds. I have no errors with sendmail. The
messages are being delivered to the local mailboxes yet the Q files are
still there?

Thanks,
Michael