mailscanner only scanning 1 message at a time

Chris Yuzik chris at FRACTALWEB.COM
Thu Apr 15 18:44:40 IST 2004

I'm now having a problem where MailScanner is usually only scanning 1
message at a time. The queue is backing up and now has a few dozen
messages sitting there...some for 15 minutes now. I'm watching the
maillog and every new batch says "scanning 1 messages". Something is
obviously wrong.

Even test messages to myself are taking a long time (like 10 minutes) to
pass through the queue.

I've searched the archives, but haven't found a fix for this. Can
someone point me in the right direction?

I'm running MailScaanner 4.30.1, Fedora, Sendmail 8.12.something.

Cheers,
Chris