Orphans in mqueue.in

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Thu Apr 15 18:14:12 IST 2004

"Oprhaned" queue files can be caused a number of things, system crashes,
dropped connections after the start of data transmission - all of which are
sendmail and not MailScanner related.

A couple of scripts to remove them:

http://list.cobalt.com/pipermail/cobalt-developers/2003-March/038827.html
http://www.patoche.org/LTT/daemon/00000073.html

Steve

Stephen Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.
Steve.Swaney at FSL.com

> This is what I see in the log file:
> Apr 15 09:13:15 fire MailScanner[15555]: New Batch: Found 466 messages
> waiting
> Apr 15 09:13:15 fire MailScanner[15555]: New Batch: Scanning 1 messages,
> 12056 bytes
>

> MS 4.29.7-1
> Sendmail 8.12.6
> Spamassassin 2.63