OT: breaking threads

Richard Brown r.brown at LAWSON-HIS.CO.UK
Thu Apr 15 15:39:12 IST 2004

Ugo Bellavance wrote:

>         Someone let me know that I am breaking the threads when I reply to
>         posts.  Anyone else noticed that?  Anyone could tell me what I do
>         wrong?  I am using Outlook 2000 & XP and I simply click on "reply"
>         to reply.  If I get the bad reply-to address, I click "reply-all",
>         then remove the adress of the sender so it goes only to the list.
>
> I know I could try another mail client, but I'd rather not.  I use
> Thunderbird for personal use, but we use outlook a t work.

You're definately breaking threads for me, using Thunderbird, and using
KNode through gmane.

I think it's because you're posting throught MS Exchange, there's some
moaning about it here:

http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2002-August/003321.html

Your headers have the following line in them:

Jason's Headers (In his reply to your message) have

Couldn't see a solution, but it may be possible to convince Exchange to do
this right, if not then you could try posting using smtp, or switch to nntp
using gmane.

Regards,

--
Richard Brown