New Batch: Found xx mesages waiting

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Apr 14 18:36:50 IST 2004

If you turn off your incoming sendmail process, it should gradually drop to
zero.
It's just a sign that at any time around 70 messages are simultaneously
being delivered into your mail server.
MailScanner can only scan messages which have been completely delivered,
which is why the "Scanning x messages" is less than "Found y messages waiting".

--
Julian Field