Rules

Mike Brudenell pmb1 at YORK.AC.UK
Wed Apr 14 15:38:00 IST 2004

Greetings -

--On Wednesday, April 14, 2004 9:38 am -0300 Roger Jochem
<roger at RUDNICK.COM.BR> wrote:

> I created 3 diferent rules for 3 kinds of users regarding file tipes
> access. A big part of this rules are the same for the 3 kinds of users,
> and a small part is diferent. Is there some way I can make some kind of
> #include filename in the rules files? This way I could use one file with
> all the common things, and that's better for maintaining, including new
> filetypes, etc...

If you don't mind not having the "#include" processing done by MailScanner
itself but by an extra step (eg, a Makefile) then...

<PLUG type="shameless">
    One of my colleagues here has developed a generic pre-processor for
    text file to deal with "#include", "#define", "#if/#else/#endif" and
    many other directives and functions.

    You could consider constructing your configuration files laid/separated
    out as you wish, then use the 'make' command and a simple Makefile to
    feed them to the pre-processor and generate the all-in-one file ready
    to use with MailScanner.  E.g.,

        vi main-users.conf
        make
        ...(produces MailScanner.conf as output)...

    The pre-processor is called FilePP, is free, and can be found at:
            <http://www.cabaret.demon.co.uk/filepp/>
</PLUG>

Cheers,

Mike B-)

--
The Computing Service, University of York, Heslington, York Yo10 5DD, UK
Tel:+44-1904-433811  FAX:+44-1904-433740

* Unsolicited commercial e-mail is NOT welcome at this e-mail address. *