malformed MIME headers

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Wed Apr 14 14:35:09 IST 2004

Hi Rob,

I remember this being discussed on the list once before:

X-fleetone.com-MailScanner-Information:
X-fleetone.com-MailScanner:

Remove the '.' in these headers and it should start working - there was a
detailed discussion on whether or not this is RFC compliant, the consensus
was that it is and the problem was actually a bug in Symantec's software.

Julian made a note about this in MailScanner.conf after this problem
occurred:

[root at hoshi MailScanner]# grep -i symantec MailScanner.conf -B7 -A2

# Enter a short identifying name for your organisation below, this is
# used to make the X-MailScanner headers unique for your organisation.
# Multiple servers within one site should use an identical value here
# to avoid adding multiple redundant headers where mail has passed
# through several servers within your organisation.
# RULE: It must not contain any spaces!
# Note: Some Symantec scanners complain (incorrectly) about "."
# ***** characters appearing in the names of headers.
%org-name% = LBS

Kind regards,
Steve.

--
Steve Freegard
Systems Manager

90dfd88256c0e0
0592490/4d9b4fb636faa23d88256c78005fe2cb?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam

> >The emails in ? do have a .htm attachment, as that is how some of our
> >customers receive their invoices from us.
> >
> >Is there anything on our end we can do to get emails to him?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Rob
>
> --
> Julian Field