duplicate truncated message problem - MS + Postfix

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Tue Apr 13 23:33:42 IST 2004

Ron E. wrote:

>Some time ago there was some discussion of a problem where, in certain
>versions of MailScanner & postfix occasionally a message will be
>deelivered twice - once with headers only and the second with the entire
>message.
>
>I then checked and found that this is happening currently on a system I
>have here with postfix 2.0.9-2 and mailscanner 4.24-5.
>
>Is anyone else still having this problem? It seems to happen only when the
>system is under load and backlogs.

No but I moved to a single instance Postfix set up, which cured the
problem even with the older versions of MS. I *believe* that Julian is
happy that he has fixed it in the later versions but I can't confirm it,
sorry.

>Would be interested in any input.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ron