Notify Sender ?

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Tue Apr 13 13:43:39 IST 2004

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Volkan Evrin [mailto:linux at ka

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Volkan Evrin [mailto:linux at karel.com.tr]
Envoyé : 13 avril, 2004 08:21
À : MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Objet : Notify Sender ?

<UB>
First, please post in plain-text, not in html.
</UB>

I couldn't send a message to Sender of virus, blocked content etc., in spite of the below configuration?

<UB>
It is okay to send a message to blocked content sender, but a very bad idea to send one to virus senders.  Virus forge addresses most of time so you'll send innocent people messages.
</UB>

Notify Sender = yes
Notify Sender of Viruses = yes
Notify Senders Of Blocked Filenames and Filetypes = yes
Notify Senders Of Other Blocked Contents = yes
Never Notify Senders of Precedence = list bulk

Is there any other parameters?

<UB>
Yes:
Silent Viruses =
Non-Forging Viruses =
</UB>

I notices that some log lines in /var/log/maillog, about the

.... to=postmaster.... relay=127.0.0.1 Connection refused by [127.0.0.1] ...

Is it related this manner?

<UB>
Yes, your mailserver is not listening on the localhost interface.  Your queue is probably full of messages...
</UB>

I can use this mail server to get and send messages normally, virus control, spam control (spamassassin), notify the postmaster, etc. But, the problem just occurs in sender notify system.

volkan evrin

RH 9.0
Sendmail 8.12.8-4
MS 4.29